Also known as QCD gift or IRA rollover gift
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, you may be familiar with the tax benefits of IRA Distribution gifts.
The economic climate and related charitable tax laws are shifting quickly in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. For the latest information, call our planned giving office directly at 317-224-1039.
Generally, retirement plan owners over age 72 must take a required minimum distribution (RMD) each year from an IRA or other qualified retirement plan.
Charitable distributions for donors over 70½ continue to be allowed and have the benefit of avoiding taxes on the charitable transfers as well as possibly lowering future year RMDs.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on charitable transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How a charitable IRA distribution gift works
- Notify your IRA custodian to make a direct transfer of the distribution amount from the IRA to
The Salvation Army Indiana
Gift and Estate Planning Department
6060 Castleway West Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46250
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to The Salvation Army to help continue our important work in your community.
- Please notify us directly of the expected gift at the above address. Note if your gift is to be used for a specific purpose.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us.
We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have. If you have misplaced or have not received an acknowledgement of your IRA Rollover for tax purposes,
please contact Christi Thieme at 317-224-1039 or send your request the address above.