The Salvation Army is committed to helping people, without discrimination, in every community for generations to come. However, The Salvation Army suffers the ripple effects of roller coaster economics just as industries and cities do. Without a stable source of adequate funding, Salvation Army programs designed to help people are in jeopardy.
But, there is a solution and we invite you to be a part of it. The Salvation Army Hometown Endowment
, created to ensure continuous, stable funding for local Army programming, supports social services and daily operations wherever The Salvation Army is needed. The principal remains intact to provide funding year after year, in good times and bad.
Facts about gifts to The Salvation Army's Hometown Endowment:
- Outright donations of cash, stocks, bonds, life insurance and other gifts by will or in trust are acceptable. Real property is welcome, subject to The Army's policy for such gifts.
- Gifts are deductible on your income tax return if you itemize allowable deductions.
- Gifts can be arranged to pay life income to you and your spouse, with the remainder going to the Hometown Endowment to benefit your community. These "life income" gifts usually provide significant gift, income and estate tax benefits.
- Hometown endowments are not used for capital improvements or expansion.
- Fund earnings are distributed to the Salvation Army operating in your local community.
The Salvation Army is calling upon you and other concerned citizens to help make the Hometown Endowment Fund a strong support system. Your personal commitment now will help assure The Army's ability to carry on its vital work in your community today and for years to come.
Any type of endowment gift is possible--we welcome your passion!
- You can designate the use of your gift to a particular service or program provided by The Army.
- You can designate the geographic area that you wish your gift to support.
- Funds can be established in your family name, in memory of a loved one, or in honor of someone living.
Please contact us
for more information or click here
to make a gift online.