You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to The Salvation Army
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Notify your IRA custodian to make a direct transfer of the distribution amount from the IRA to
The Salvation Army
Office of Gift and Estate Planning
3100 N Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to The Salvation Army to help continue our important work in your community.
- Please notify us directly of the expected gift at the above address. Note if your gift is to be used for a specific purpose.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.If you have misplaced or have not received an acknowledgement of your IRA Rollover for tax purposes, please contact Christi Thieme at 317-224-1039 or send your request the address above.